Long Beach Wrongful Termination Lawyer
Professional Legal Counsel to Protect Your Best Interests
California is a state that supports at-will employment, meaning that your employer is allowed to fire you without giving you cause. However, certain laws protect individuals from retaliatory firing and other wrongful termination. Ask the Law Offices of Jonathan D. Winters to review your case and offer a recommendation for the best way to proceed.
Our Long Beach wrongful termination attorney has served clients for more than 15 years. Trust in our experience to provide you with competent legal counsel. Initial consultations can be scheduled by calling (562) 473-4777.
It is usually illegal for your employer to fire you in any of these circumstances:
- You reported illegal behavior that was taking place in your company.
- You were fired for reporting sexual harassment within your workplace.
- You filed for disability or requested maternity leave.
- You were fired for your race, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or a disability.
- You were asked to perform a dangerous task for which you are not adequately trained.
- You had to fulfill jury duty requirements.
What to Expect During Your Wrongful Termination Claim
The court will evaluate several aspects of your case before coming to a conclusion. They will review your performance reports, attendance record, grievance reports, the length of employment, a record of previous claims, the circumstances surrounding your firing, the actual moment when you were fired, and the way your employer treated you before, during, and after the termination.
If your employer sought to defame you after you were fired, you may be able to also pursue defamation charges, especially if the negative representation damaged your prospects for future employment.
You Have Rights!
If you reported illegal activity in your workplace, the law has whistleblower protections in place to keep your employer from retaliatory firing.
Request a consultation for your wrongful termination case by contacting our Long Beach civil litigation lawyer at (562) 473-4777.